Hoping to help these guys...

Hoping to help these guys...

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Brown Sugar. Day twenty-three, Amory to Brent.

We'll ring the changes slightly for this update...it might work, you never know! Massive thanks got to everyone who has donated. Nice one!

The sponsorship is so very nearly there: just under £400 to go with each cause. Please see if you can spare a couple of quid or whatever to help Bloodwise and Combat Stress. Here are those links if you are able to donate:

- To donate to Bloodwise, please click 'here'!

- Please click 'on this bit' to support Combat Stress.

I know that the two charities and the people that they help appreciate all your help. Good on you!

ps if you are kind enough to donate, and select 'anonymous', I can't 'see' who you are, unlike on JustGiving. So apologies if you were thinking that the miserable tw*t hasn't even e-mailed me to say thanks, hah-hah!

Autumnal. What, in 30c? Bonkers...
Okay, on with the show...it was a struggle to get away this morning despite the pretty much flawless weather. I suspect it was because I knew that I was gonna get a beating from the climbing, and also because it was a tricky route to navigate at times. Okay then, *tricky* for me, hah-hah!

Felt that one, hah-hah!
For a while I don't think I rode over more than 20 feet of level ground...make your mind up, MI.
'Dykes-O-Mite'? Er, ok.
Well, I didn't have to wait too long for a change of State...hello Alabama! Same terrain, natch...
I think I realised then that we are getting to towards the bottom-right hand corner of the country. Blimey! Still, one thing at a time, eh? 
Considered for Song Of The Day, as well as 'Southern Man', amongst others.
Tell me about it. More flamin' rollers, hah-hah!
 The only way for me to get through a day like this is drink loads, eat a bit, make sure my noggin/bald patch is covered, make with the sunblock and take short breaks when you feel like it. So you do all that and it seems like the ride only really begins at the 110-mile mark: that's when various bits are protesting slightly, hah-hah!

The good folk of Alabama were treated to my Tommy Voeckler impression today: he makes an appearance when things are a bit tricky...jersey unzipped, gurning wildly. My word it ain't pretty so I can only apologise.
Picture of lilies. I'll get me coat!
More cotton for y'all.
 A couple of beeps today, both from truck drivers so they count double because of the volume!
Coolest was a wave from the occupants of a turquoise retro VW Beetle...they weren't going that much faster than me downhill, hah-hah!
One of the few items of roadkill that I can post.
Highway 82 which takes you around Tuscaloosa was a low-light though: just not pleasant at all. One driver waited until it was too close for comfort and then she decided to pull-out of her junction. She even had her window down and made eye-contact. I wouldn't mind, but I don't think we had ever met, hah-hah!
Last drag...it just keep on going. Go on, pack it in!
Bit of an old-school motel tonight: the owner could not believe what I was about, and I could barely understand him so that made us pretty even, I reckon. Had a surprisingly excellent Chinese meal across in a mini-plaza and then some necessities were purchased...
Couldn't find any Mountain Dew, so made do with this. Quite good, as it goes.
As you have gathered, this show is now being made-up each day. I had better get on with working-out where I'm staying tomorrow and how I'm getting there. Don't say 'try cycling', thanks!

As fine as anything recorded at Muscle Shoals. Timeless!



1 comment:

  1. Guv, top choon today, top of my lip sync battle repertoire. Anyway, pleased it's looking benign weather wise as i reckon you might catch the tail of Hurricane Matthew which will be the mother of all headwinds. Good luck! Jonsey

    ReplyDelete